tl;dr: I started reaching out to more established brands, with larger marketing teams and a history of creative advertising. Conversations are going well. Made more sales and some mobile improvements to help with conversion there.
Last week—in my effort to make the most creative, collaborative internet art project and get better at sales and marketing along the way—I made more sales, reached out to more established businesses, made some mobile UX improvements and caught up with old friends after updating the project.
# More established businesses
As noted last week, I’ve started reaching out to “bigger” brands. By that I mean those with a track record for creative advertising and some social media footprint. Conversations are still in the early days and it’s promising.
One thing keeps getting clearer: companies with a more creative side understand the pitch pretty quickly. They view it as a creative branding tool for their services. Something playful for their customers. A little creative flair if you will…
# Mobile improvements
Mobile didn’t look so great with the chat messages UX. It was too cluttered for the amount of screen real estate, even on larger devices. I’m testing out a new pattern inspired by an old easter egg favorite growing up.
Testimonial — Testimonial is a seamless service for collecting customer testimonials via text or video. We just started collecting our own testimonials with it and LOVE how simple it is. Props to Damon Chen for such a cleanly built service with fast customer support.
EARMILK — EARMILK is an online music publication based in the US & Canada with international appeal. Always fresh and clean music in those ears.
- LinkedIn — For folks you aren’t connected to on LinkedIn, you can send one message at a time. Unless they respond. This makes sense, don’t want the network to feel too spammy. I wanted to effectively ad a “PS” to one message to a possible client and learned of this feature the hard way!
- Shout out to focusmate user Ben W who had some great feedback about sales. Do more listening. Got it!
✅He also got me thinking about customer post purchase customer happiness. Thanks to him, I’m explicitly sharing these updates with all customers. Thanks again, Ben!
# This week
- More discussions with big name brands and creative story tellers.
- I’m still creating 100 ads for 100 products and am excited to share my learnings in several weeks.
# How you can help
👏 👏 👏 👏
- Tell people about 24hourhomepage.com!
- Share 24hourhomepage.com in any of your socially distanced social circles
- If you know a business that wants a creative ad, let me know!